In this article we’ll going to share with you 3 main reasons why LinkedIn is such a powerful tool. Before we will jump into these 3 reasons let’s just make a few clarification. If you are trying to build a brand or transition into a new career industry or if you’re looking for a new career opportunity then LinkedIn is a must for you.
Before changing your career field, be sure to check out the great linkedin profile examples of professionals in the field in which you want to try yourself and make sure that you change your resume format in accordance with the new career specific.
1. LinkedIn is the first world’s largest professional network on the Internet. The first reason why LinkedIn is such a powerful tool is because there are almost 500 million users on the platform. In fact almost two people join LinkedIn per second.
LinkedIn is one of the only professional social media networks that you can showcase your skills, your talents and your abilities and it’s the perfect platform to build authority in your industry. LinkedIn can be used to apply for jobs online and find better high quality career opportunities. In fact 98% of recruiters and 85% of hiring managers are using LinkedIn as a hiring tool.
2. Google search engines rank Linkedin’s search queries higher than other sites. The second reason why you need to be on LinkedIn is because Google actually prefers or favors LinkedIn searches over other websites. The only exception would be a personal branded website Having a well-written and cohesively composed profile actually helps you if someone typed your name into Google. This makes LinkedIn the perfect place to manage your personal brand online.
3. LinkedIn surpasses Facebook in b2b marketing. The third reason why you need to be on LinkedIn is because it actually out breaks Facebook. Believe it or not, in terms of business-to-business contacts. It’s the third most commonly used social network for business owners. And unlike Facebook LinkedIn posts have the potential to reach all of your followers. Now that’s a win.
The reasons Why You Need a Professional LinkedIn Profile
So let’s recap the reason why you want to have professional LinkedIn profile is because:
- number one: LinkedIn is the world’s largest professional network online today.
- number two: It actually aligns perfectly with Google’s search algorithm
- number three: It surpasses Facebook in business-to-business connections.
Next time we’re going to talk about the ten point LinkedIn optimizer cheat sheet we’ve got for you. Also we’ll share some secrets that our colleagues from The Career Club had prepared for you.